Most Dangerous Intersections in Sun City? Facebook User Told Us
The Department of Transportation releases annual statistics detailing the number of car accidents in Arizona. This data provides important information highlighting dangerous locations in the state. In search of more localized information, Mushkatel, Robbins, & Becker, PLLC asked for your thoughts regarding the danger zones in or around Sun City. Visitors to our law firm’s Facebook page provided some insight.
Some users were very specific. The section of N. Reems Road adjacent to Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center in Sun City West was highlighted as hazardous, particularly for elderly drivers. Others suggested that Sun City parking lots and roundabouts were common locations for accidents or near-misses.
The Daily Independent recently highlighted some of the most dangerous intersections in Sun City West. According to Maricopa County law enforcement, the intersection at Camino del Sol and R.H. Johnson Boulevard routinely sees the most crashes. Accidents are also frequent at Meeker Boulevard and Grand Avenue, according to the report.
Regardless of the crash location, you may be entitled to compensation if you were injured in a collision. The Sun City based car accident attorneys at Mushkatel, Robbins, & Becker, PLLC will provide the attention, respect, and legal representation you deserve related to injuries suffered.
Get started by scheduling a free consultation with us today.
What Should I Do After a Car Crash in Sun City?
Decisions made following a car accident could significantly impact any legal claims you wish to file in the future. We recommend you consider the following initial steps:
- Look for injuries: Check to see if you or anyone who was involved in the accident is hurt.
- Call 911: Summoning paramedics and police to the crash scene will ensure that everyone receives proper treatment. Make sure to get a copy of the police report.
- Exchange information: Get the name, address, and insurance information of every driver involved in the collision.
- Gather evidence: Take photos of the accident. Try to get pictures from as many angles as possible, documenting the damage to the vehicles, your injuries, and any environmental factors that may be relevant (e.g., skid marks, weather, debris in the road).
- Talk to witnesses: Insurance companies tend to weigh witness statements heavily because they offer unbiased accounts of a car accident. If there were witnesses to your wreck, get their contact information.
- Seek medical treatment: You should always see a doctor promptly, even if you don’t feel hurt after an accident. Many serious injuries have a delayed onset. Failure to get timely treatment can open the door for the insurance company to argue that you weren’t hurt or that you made your injuries worse by delaying. All of this could reduce the amount of compensation you will be able to collect.
- Contact an experienced Sun City, Peoria, Glendale or Surprise car accident lawyer at Mushkatel, Robbins & Becker, PLLC: An attorney can investigate your case and explain your legal rights. It’s best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident so that important evidence isn’t lost and memories stay fresh.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can range from relatively minor to catastrophic. Victims are often saddled with immense medical bills and lost income from missed work. Many also suffer from temporary and permanent injuries that can affect their lives and livelihoods for years to come.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Muscle strains, sprains, and tears
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries/whiplash
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
- Facial injuries
- Torso/chest trauma
- Internal bleeding
If you or a loved one was seriously hurt in a car accident in Sun City or Surprise, speak with an experienced lawyer right as soon as reasonably possible. Even when an accident claim seems straightforward, a challenging process may lay ahead. A lawyer may be better situated to investigate, track and organize evidence to maximize potential compensation.
Proving Liability in Arizona Car Accidents
Car accident claims fall under the umbrella of personal injury or tort law in Arizona. The ability to obtain compensation will hinge on proving that the other party was negligent or reckless in in one or more ways.
An investigation is typically necessary to gather the information needed to build a solid car accident claim. Examples of evidence that could strengthen your claim include:
- Medical records: Proof of injury is key. A doctor’s notes can document the type of injuries you sustained, the treatment you received, and what the long-term consequences of the injuries may be.
- Police report: The investigating officer will complete an accident report documenting the scene, driver information, and his/her assessment of who is to blame.
- Photos/video: Photographs taken after the accident can be powerful visual accounts of what happened. If the accident happened at an intersection or around nearby businesses, visual footage may have captured the crash in real time.
- Witness statements: Your lawyer can subpoena statements from to provide independent testimony about what occurred.
- Expert testimony: Sometimes it’s necessary to get professionals to explain the cause of the accident and how the injuries have impacted your life. Medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, financial planners, and vocational representatives are valuable sources in car accident cases.
People involved in Arizona car accidents may still be able to collect compensation even if they are partially at fault for a crash. The State’s pure comparative negligence law enables victims to recover damages even if they are 99 percent at fault for the wreck. However, their total award will be reduced by whatever portion of fault they are assigned.
Working with a lawyer may prevent you from being unfairly blamed for a crash. Because your ultimate recovery may be reduced based upon your degree of fault, an advocate on your behalf may be best to advance your interests.
Our Sun City Car Accident Lawyers Will Fight for You
If you have been injured in a crash in Arizona, you need not navigate the claim or legal process without assistance. The dedicated Sun City car accident lawyers at Mushkatel, Robbins, & Becker, PLLC are available to advance your interests. We steadfastly advocate on our clients’ behalf for the best possible outcome with as little disruption to your life as possible.
Questions? Call or contact us for a free consultation.