At Mushkatel, Robbins & Becker, PLLC, we provide a wide array of legal services to clients in Surprise and surrounding Arizona communities, including assistance with Arizona family law and other domestic legal matters. We know how sensitive divorce, support and custody issues can be for our clients. We pay close attention to their needs and focus our skills and resources on meeting their specific objectives.
Whether you need legal assistance with a divorce, spousal support, child custody, child support or other family law case, contact us today. We can provide a confidential consultation. We will take the time to understand your family legal issues and discuss the ways we can help you to find solutions to those issues.
Family Law Cases We Handle in Surprise, AZ
The family law attorneys of Mushkatel, Robbins & Becker, PLLC provide legal guidance and representation to clients in Surprise and surrounding areas in many different types of family law cases, including those which involve:
Divorces can be simple and straightforward if both spouses agree upon the details, and no major disputes arise over matters such as children or property. However, divorces can also be complex when large assets are involved or where hostility exists between the parties. Our divorce lawyers can help to make the process move forward as smoothly as possible.
- Child Custody
Divorcing parents often are at odds with each other about which parent should make decisions about their child’s welfare or where the child should live. A lawyer from our firm can help you to protect your rights as a parent and pursue an outcome that will serve your child’s best interests.
- Child Support
In almost all child custody cases, there will be a legal issue concerning who is responsible for paying for the needs of the child. Parents typically share this responsibility but not always equally. Arizona law has a system for calculating whether one parent should pay child support to the other one. Our law firm can guide you through this process.
- Property Division
In a divorce, the community property that you hold with your spouse is divided equitably (though certain factors may impact the final outcome). An attorney from Mushkatel, Robbins & Becker, PLLC can help you to understand what is and what is not “up for grabs” as far as property during your divorce. We can help you to reach an agreement with your spouse about division of your property or present your case in court, if necessary.
- Spousal Support
One of the most contentious elements of many divorces is whether one person should be required to pay the other person ongoing financial support to help them sustain their lifestyle. Our law firm will protect your rights whether you are seeking or challenging a spousal support award.
Adoption is a process through which a non-parent can obtain all of the legal rights and responsibilities of being a parent to a child. However, the adoption process in Arizona can be a complicated one. We can help you to get through the many technical aspects of your adoption.
- Prenuptial Agreements and Postnuptial Agreements
Before or after getting married, people can decide to enter into contractual arrangements to protect their rights if a divorce occurs. These prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements serve many useful purposes. For older couples and those who have children by prior marriages, they can provide a great degree of protection. We can help you and your partner to determine what will work best for your future.
- Domestic Violence Protective Orders
In violent or abusive relationships, it may be necessary to obtain a protective order. This is a court order that restricts the abuser’s rights and ability to remain in the home or to continue the threatening behavior. We can help you to seek or challenge a protective order or explore other options for your domestic violence problem.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Family Lawyer In Surprise, AZ?
Family law involves a series of difficult decisions. You and another person may be fighting over something very emotional and painful. Whether it is how much time you will be able to spend with your child or how much of your money you will have to give another person, these issues can be difficult to resolve.
At Mushkatel, Robbins & Becker, PLLC, we know how challenging these issues can be for most people. We strive to provide compassionate and professional legal guidance and representation through our clients’ most difficult times. We can assist you by:
- Listening to you and assessing your situation – Whether you are planning to dissolve your marriage, seek custody of your child or request support from a spouse or other parent, our attorneys can use our knowledge and experience to provide a frank assessment of your situation and develop a sound strategy for achieving your goals.
- Protecting your rights and interests – Some family law issues such as those dealing with financial support, division of property and custody of children cannot be solved without an attorney’s guidance and representation. No matter what issues your case involves, we will work hard to protect your rights and interests at every stage in your case.
- Handling all necessary paperwork – Whether you are seeking to get a divorce, file for custody of your child or modify a child support order, your case will involve paperwork that must be timely and properly filed. We can handle all of those technical aspects of your family law case for you, from start to finish.
- Using alternative dispute resolution – Litigating a divorce or other Arizona family law matters in court can be stressful, expensive and time-consuming. Our attorneys can help you to seek solutions to your family law issues through mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Advocating for you in court – If going to court to resolve your family law issues is necessary, our experienced family law attorneys will be prepared to aggressively advocate for you.
Our Surprise, AZ Family Law Firm Is Ready to Serve You
If you need legal assistance with your divorce or other family law issues, the attorneys of Mushkatel, Robbins & Becker, PLLC will provide the highly personalized and professional representation that you deserve. To discuss your case, contact us today and arrange for a confidential consultation through our conveniently located Surprise office.